Monday, February 14, 2011

One Year Ago

The day he was born!
A year ago today I was sitting in the hospital, holding my brand new, handsome, calm little baby boy, Ranen Carter. Today I am sitting at the kitchen table, watching him feed himself cereal and babble on about nothing. I can't believe how much your life can change in a year! I can't believe that I ever lived without my little man in my life. He is so smart, and getting so big! He has taught me so much in his first year, I can't wait to see what the next years bring. From his first smile to his first steps, every moment of it has been so rewarding! There have for sure been some hard times, some trying times, and some times I had to just sit down and cry, but for every one of those times there has been countless happy, exciting, and amazing times.

I love how Ranen goes to the bath tub and says, "Wow, wow, wow", I love how he sees a banana and points saying "Nana, nana", I love how he knows how to strum a guitar, how he plays on the drums, how he turns lights on and off. I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM. I love they way he looks when he sleeps, I love the way he waddles when he walks, I love the way he lights up when his daddy gets home from work! I love that he gets so excited when we pick up Colin, I love how much he loves his aunt, Mady. I love that when he sees his Grandpa Dean he reaches for him and growls and points to any musical instrument in sight. I love that when he sees his Grandma Michelle he grabs her and snuggles in for a nap. I love how he reaches for his Grandma Valeri and wants to watch and help her cook! I love the games he plays with his Grandpa Kent, like trying to not do "waa waa's" even though you can tell he loves them. I love the smile he gets on his face when he sees me each morning, I love the way he cuddles with me when he's tired. I LOVE MY LITTLE MONKEY!

This year has been the best one of my life! Thank you Ranen, for teaching me how to be a mom, for showing me what it's like to love a child so much that you would do ANYTHING for them, and for entertaining me every single day, in so many ways! You are one special boy, Ranen. I can't wait to watch you grow up even more and see what you become. I know you'll accomplish great things and go far in life! You are incredible and I couldn't live without you! I LOVE YOU RANEN CARTER STODDART!!!! HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY BABY BOY!!!!!!!


On his 1st birthday!

2 comments:

  1. OK that picture of him with the crown is all sorts of adorable! Happy birthday baby boy :)

    ReplyDelete